Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Part 1


Today I am at the bottom looking up….have been here for the past couple of weeks, actually since I realized that my hearing of God appears so very impaired…and my hopes continuing to go up in flames. Bad choice of renter for our MS home, bad choice of door display area for doors (after all of the expense and hard work we closed it down this past week) ….after what appears to be 5 years of poor choices, most of which I felt at the time were God’s best choice with the options presented. All of which have left me very skeptical and cautious at investing in any future options, hopes and dreams. I used to be able to say I am right at least 50% of the time but I am afraid my average has deteriorated. Depression wants to come over me like a wet blanket…the Word of God seems distant. I still believe He is good and I want to believe He sees me and cares… like the foot prints in the sand story.

Romans 8 – No Condemnation…because the law of the spirit super cedes the law of sin and death….actually making me free…for what the law tried and failed at because of my weak flesh God took care of through His death… so the requirements of the law could be fulfilled in me by His Spirit living in me…the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. No matter the effort, we cannot make a difference out side of his Spirit living in us. We who have been adopted into His family are now children of God and have a daddy in God who has made us his heir along with his first born by placing his Spirit in us. From this vantage point of special privilege and favor as family and joint heirs with Jesus, suffering with Him is also our privilege that we might be glorified with Him. We find ourselves groaning with creation waiting for the glory of God to be revealed in us and through us…and the Spirit who lives in us helps us persevere through our daily disappointments and troubles, interceding for us according to the will of God so that we can be assured that all things will work together for good to those who love and are loved by God. The glory will be revealed in us because whom he fore knew he predestined to be conformed to the image of his son, the first born of many brothers.

What shall we say then to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? All things are ours in Christ. If God is for us who can be against us? We are more than conquerors through him who loves us. Who or what can separate us from his love? Nothing!!!

He will finish what he started. I will be OK because I am so loved by God! I am so worthy of the blood of Jesus. Predestined for Glory! Creation itself will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. We were saved into this hope, a new creation in Christ. We hope for what we do not see… we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Full Circle

“Be diligent… and rest…. everything else is manipulation”

Each day has enough trouble of it’s own…. and for each day grace is available.

I will stand…. having failed at standing… His Spirit lives in me.

I will hope…having given up …His Spirit lives in me.

I will dream again…bigger than before….His Spirit lives in me.

I will love and be loved again today.






No comments:

Post a Comment