Saturday, January 9, 2010

He loves me yea, yea, yea

It is so good to be free from condemnation, fear, second guessing and shame. The best news in all the world today is that I can't miss it. God will complete what He started in my life and it will be good. God loves me even in my mistrusting, even in my mistakes, even in my sin. He's not taken off guard. He is not disillusioned with me. He had no illusions in the first place.
How do I know God loves sinners?
Because He loves me.

Such patience, such mercy. He really loves me just like I am right now with all my pimples, failure to trust, immaturity and sin. He hates sin with a passion. He hates what unbelief and distrust bring into our lives. He hates what it does to our relationship and so He takes even my sin and uses it to weave a thing of beauty. He is the relentless redeemer. He always has the last word.
His love is amazing, steady and unchanging, His love is a mountain firm beneath my feet. And I am learning to trust. I am learning to believe. I am learning that He is Good and with holds no good thing from me. The enemy would like me to believe other wise but I learning even through my failures that He is completely trust worthy.

Think about it. Eve's failure to trust the heart of God for her unleashed the beginning of shame and the downward spiral and entrapment by sin for all of us. But that didn't mess up the plan of God which was already in play before the world was created. The fall didn't catch God by surprise. God had such confidence that He would have the last word that He set the tree in the middle of the garden, not hidden at the periphery some where.

God is fearless! His love is fearless!

No comments:

Post a Comment