Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yeah, I am so beautiful (by LC)

I was driving down the road a couple of days back and a song came on. It was a fathers response to his daughter after observing her reading the latest 17 magazine she had picked up some where. He was able to read her thoughts. She was looking at the pictures longingly wishing she were some one else. She was the inspiration for his song. The one line I remember was "sweet heart, you will never be more beautiful than you are right now".
All of a sudden I heard the Father singing that line to me. At first I cracked up and then the weight of it from a father's perspective began to register and I began to tear up. He loves me in the moment. He is enthralled with me in the right right now. I could never be more beautiful than I am to Him right now. Now I know theologically I am in the process of maturing from glory to glory and God has great hopes for me but the power of the word is that in this moment in father's eyes I am more beautiful than I will ever be.
I passed it on to Mary as an original. She doesn't need to know.
Cool?

1 comment: