Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm pretty cool for an old guy!

LOL. My sister in law Joy, just sent me a birthday card with some condolences inside..."it's not that bad". She has been there and done that and survived to tell the story.

Jason mentioned the scripture about old men dreaming dreams. It is actually quite the miracle. Dreaming is as natural as breathing for a young child but by the time you get to be my age life has knocked you around considerably and cynicism and sarcasm come much easier.
"What? You want to do what? Be a rock star? Be a pastor? Be hockey player? Jump out of a plane? You have got to be kidding!"


But God is Good.
And I am loved.
I am in a new growth spurt, anticipating, dreaming again.
It's a new season.
My message is being refined.
My story is amazing!
I am wealthy beyond measure...where it really counts!
My wife is every thing I ever dreamed she would be.
My kids believe!
My grand kids are more fun than ice cream!
My friends enrich my life!
And adventure awaits, risking, investing, giving and becoming love.
It is a miracle....old men can still dream.

1 comment: