Monday, May 21, 2012


Friends with God
-It used to be about serving God-
 It's now about friendship.

-It used to be about attainment-
 But no longer! It's now about discovery!
 (Who I am in Him and Who He is in me)

-Oneness used to be about getting along with others-
  Its now about abiding in Him and Him abiding in me. 
-It used to be about being used by God-
 How sick was that?
- It used to be about me trying to love God-
  It's now about letting Him love me. (AS)
- It used to be about my devotion-
   It is now about finding my security in His.
-It used to be about daily reading the bible-
 It’s much healthier and more exciting spending time with my dad.
- It used to be about my worship-
  In these days worship is becoming a natural response to His goodness.
-It used to be about my church attendance-
 It is becoming about the security his presence brings.
-It used to be about appeasement-
 It is now all about son-ship.
-It used to be about finding a father-
 It is becoming about being found by my dad.
-It used to be about shame-
 It is becoming about climbing up in his lap even at my worst.
-It used to be about what I could give to Him-
 My heart is awakening to the hugeness of the cross.
It used to be about witnessing to the lost-
It is becoming about seeing the lost the way he looks at me.

-It used to be about doing-
 In fact it is now only about being.

- It used to be about giving thanks,
  I am discovering that I am becoming thankful.

-It used to be about comparing myself with others-
 It is becoming about loving what He sees in me

-It used to be about striving-
 It is becoming about resting.

-It used to be about temptation-
 My security in him is beginning to produce trust which frees me for obedience.
- It used to be about trying to please-
  It is becoming more and more about being His delight.

Friendship with Jesus, Fellowship Divine,
Oh what precious sweet communion,
Jesus is a friend of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment